4-Law Legal Support
Washington State Claims
Automobile Accidents
Other Personal Injury
Auto Accidents

Do you have a case?
Handling your own case
In case of an accident
Your traffic court rights

Do it Yourself

In the case of a minor injury, you might want to try a preliminary do-it-yourself approach. Many people and businesses carry liability insurance, so you should send a letter via certified mail to the party you believe is responsible for your injury (Review our sample contact letter to the at fault party). You should inform them that you were hurt, describe your injuries, and ask for their insurance company to contact you.

Often the insurer will assign an "adjuster," (whose loyalty is to the insurance company, not to you), to try and settle the claim without the involvement of lawyers (Review our sample letters for 3rd party Insurance). If you have any questions about whether you are getting a fair or proper settlement, you should consult a lawyer before finalizing an agreement (see our page on selecting an Attorney).


©1999-2001 4LawSupport.com All Rights Reserved